The Bed and Breakfast Experience
- In a B&B accommodation you are offered the warmth and care found only in a private home.
- Your individual needs will be heard and met if possible, whether it’s for an ironing board or a bicycle.
- When visiting an area discovering its geography is important and by staying in a B&B you will also touch the soul of an area, its people.
- Your hosts are happy to direct you to all the undiscovered treasure spots not listed in travel brochures: that quaint restaurant, the newest artisan’s shop, the antique barn
- B&B’s range from the simple to the luxurious, with price ranges to match all budgets.
- Special diets are happily accommodated, especially if your hosts are informed ahead of time.
- You will never have to wait in long line-ups at the registration desk.
- Most important, you will leave as a friend
The Muskoka Bed and Breakfast Association follows the FOBBA (Federation of Ontario Bed and Breakfast Accommodation) Code of Ethics and each B&B is inspected by a Committee of Members before being approved as hosts.
A B&B approved for MBBA membership must be an owner-occupied private residence, offering no more than 4 guest rooms to travellers, with breakfast at an all-inclusive fee. All our B&Bs are committed to maintaining MBBA standards.
CODE OF ETHICS
All Bed and Breakfast hosts are required to provide:
- a high standard of cleanliness.
- good quality furnishings and linens in guest bedrooms
- an adequate number of bathrooms with sufficient hot water and high quality fixtures.
- a breakfast of consistently high quality which is included in the room rates.
- for the safety and fire protection of guests consistent with provincial guidelines.
- friendly guidance and assistance to guests about local attractions and places of interest.
- a published, reasonable deposit and cancellation policy
- accommodation, services, and meals consistent with their own advertising
All Bed and Breakfast hosts will:
- carry adequate liability insurance
- comply with the Canadian and Ontario Human Rights Code
- respond to guest complaints either verbally or in writing
- agree to confer with the MBBA Executive regarding resolution of complaints, and agree to implement any recommendations of the
MBBA. Failure to implement any Executive recommendations will result in the withdrawal of Membership.All complaints are to be directed to the Association President as provided on the contact page.