Tips for Travelers about B&B's
Bed & Breakfast Code of Ethics
Contact the Association
REASONS TO CHOOSE A BED & BREAKFAST
The Muskoka Bed and Breakfast Association follows the FOBBA (Federation of Ontario Bed and Breakfast Accommodation) Code of Ethics and each B&B is inspected by a Committee of Members before being approved as hosts.
- B&B's range from the simple to the luxurious, with price ranges to match all budgets.
- When visiting an area discovering its geography is important and by staying in a B&B you will also touch the soul of an area- its people.
- Your hosts will be able to direct you to all the undiscovered treasure spots not listed in the travel brochures- that quaint restaurant, the newest artisan's shop, the antique barn etc.
- Your individual needs will be heard and met if possible, whether it's for an ironing board or a bicycle.
- Special diets can often be accommodated, especially if hosts are informed ahead of time.
- In a B&B accommodation you are offered the warmth and care found only in a private home.
- The personal touch always matter at a B&B. The bottle of wine that appears on your night stand when your hosts know you are celebrating your anniversary might be just one example.
- You will never have to wait in long line-ups at the registration desk.
- Most important of all, you will have arrived as a stranger but you will have left as a friend.
Deposit is required, in the form of a credit card number or personal cheque. Reservation is not confirmed until the deposit is received.
Value of deposit is 1 night rate for single night reservation, or 50% of total account for a multiple night reservation.
Cancellation with less than 2 days notice, in advance of intended arrival:
Last minute cancellation, or "no-show" rate:
- No charge, if able to fill the vacancy
- If unable to fill vacancy, 1 night rate for a single night reservation, or 50% of total account for a multiple night reservation.
*This is the formal policy of the MBBA; however, individual members' policies may vary.
- 1 night rate for single night reservation
- 50% of total account for a multiple night reservation