Good Reasons to Choose a Bed & Breakfast
Tips for Travelers about B&B's
Contact the Association
The Muskoka Bed and Breakfast Association is a charter member of Federation of Ontario Bed & Breakfast Accommodation and has adopted the FOBBA Code of Ethics for Bed and Breakfast operators.
A B&B approved for MBBA membership must be an owner-occupied private residence,
offering no more than 4 guest rooms to travelers, with breakfast at an
all-inclusive fee. All our B&Bs are committed to maintaining MBBA standards.
CODE OF ETHICS
All Bed and Breakfast hosts are required to provide:
- a high standard of cleanliness.
- good quality furnishings and linens in guest bedrooms
- an adequate number of bathrooms with sufficient hot water
and high quality fixtures.
- a breakfast of consistently high quality which is included in the
- for the safety and fire protection of guests consistent with
- friendly guidance and assistance to guests about local
attractions and places of interest.
- a published, reasonable deposit and cancellation policy
accommodation, services, and meals consistent with their own advertising
All Bed and Breakfast hosts will:
- carry adequate liability insurance
- comply with the Canadian and Ontario Human Rights Code
- respond to guest complaints either verbally or in writing
- agree to confer with the MBBA Executive regarding resolution of
complaints, and agree to implement any recommendations of the
MBBA. Failure to implement any Executive recommendations will result in the
withdrawal of Membership.
All complaints are to be directed to the Association President ... see
"Contact the Association" page.